If you are a parent or concerned resident and would like to get involved in the Dillingham School Board, you may be frustrated that there is no information on the school board posted anywhere around town. I looked at the school website, which has no school board information, and the calendar doesn't list anything current. The calendar appears that tt hasn't been updated in years and doesn't list anything relevant - not even holidays that the kids have off. So, in response, I created this blog. I don't know if anybody will read it, but at least it will be a place for me to compile the information that I can get out of the school about their policies, school board meeting times, and perhaps get other parents involved.
Because the Dillingham City High School is not making Academic Yearly Progress, it would seem that the school would be calling in the reserves - i.e. parents and local residents who are committed to education and would be interested in volunteering or somehow improving the school's chances of success. There are a lot of highly educated people in this town whose children attend this school. Let's use our local human resources to improve the performance of our local schools!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment